The DPiMS QT probe electrospray ionization kit is attached to a quadrupole time-of-flight MS. The probe allows extremely small sample volumes to be selected and introduced into the MS unit for analysis. The DPiMS QT is a direct ionization interface unit that makes it simple for users to switch to ESI.
3 Step Workflow
Measure Liquid and Solid Samples with Simple Pretreatment
- Reduces the time required to analyze blood, urine, and other biological samples with conventional methods by approximately 50 %.
- Foods, tissue sections, and other solid samples can be analyzed as it. Pretreatment times are significantly reduced.
Note: Analytical precision can be improved even for solid samples by performing simple pretreatment such as dilution and centrifugation.
Comparison of Pretreatment Times
The Functional Components of Foods Can be Detected Quickly with Simple Pretreatment
Quick and Easy Detection of Isoflavones in Processed Soy Bean Foods
MS Measurement Conditions
- Mass range: m/z 100–800 / IF Voltage: 3.5 kV
- Desolvation line temp: 250°C
- Heat blocktemp: 50°C
- Polarity:Positive / Event Time: 0.02sec
Speedy Qualitative Analysis
The qualitative analysis sequences for DPiMS QT and Q-TOF LC/MS were compared. Using DPiMS QT, it was possible to significantly reduce the measurement time in comparison to conventional methods using Q-TOF LC/MS.
Speedy Qualitative Analysis
Only a few dozen seconds are spent on DPiMS QT qualitative analysis. When performing qualitative screening analyses, the time before results are checked can be reduced, improving procedural efficiency.
High durability and stability
Analysis System with No Carryover
Only a few dozen pL of the sample adheres to the probe after each sampling. There is no worry of contamination inside the mass spectrometer. Carryover can even be prevented by changing probes. Concentrated samples and samples of unknown concentration can be measured.
Switching between DPiMS QT and Q-TOF LC/MS is Simple
Only about 15 seconds are required to remove the DPiMS QT unit, reconfiguring the system for Q-TOF LC/MS. The resources (solvents and columns) required for Q-TOF LC/MS analysis can be reduced by implementing qualitative analysis and primary screening via DPiMS QT, thereby reducing the number of samples requiring quantitative analysis.
PESI MS Solution Software
PESI MS Solution software is used to control the probe, edit MS method files, and start measurements. Detailed MS analytical conditions are configured from the LabSolutions™ LCMS method editing window. Analysis can be started easily by selecting the probe control mode and MS method in PESI MS Solution. During analysis, the status can be confirmed in the LabSolutions LCMS window.
Sequence for Qualitative Analysis via MS and MS/MS
A qualitative analysis was performed on a whole blood sample mixed with trazodone (500 ng/mL). A cycle of MS and MS/MS measurements was performed simultaneously. LabSolutions Insight Explore was used for the data analysis. LabSolutions Insight Explore enables composition estimation, library searches, and structural analysis.
- Checking for PeaksThe chromatogram extracted for the target is depicted by entering the composition formula or the applicable ion m/z into the compound table.
- Composition EstimationFrom the measured spectrum, select a spectrum of any m/z and use the composition estimation function to list estimated composition formulas in order by score.
- Assigning FragmentsUsing the structural analysis assign function in LabSolutions Insight Explore, fragments are assigned with respect to the product ion spectrum.
- Scoring via the Spectral LibraryScoring is performed with respect to the spectrum measured with DPiMS QT by creating a spectral library using Q-TOF LC/MS.