Network-enabled as part of the LabSolutions family, LabSolutions IR is furnised with rich spectral libraries and a high-performance search functio as standard. Labor-saving macros provide for a higher level of automation and improved work efficiency.
- As a part of the LabSolutions family of control software, LabSolutions IR provides advanced security and user administration features.
- Complies with ER/ES regulations including FDA 21 CFR Part 11 and PIC/S.
- Centralized management of valuable FTIR data, as well as LC and GC data, on a networked server allows simple control over security and backups.
Manage your valuable data from a centralized networked server. The LabSolutions IR Series enables networked management of FTIR as well as LC and GC data. In addition, it is capable of managing a wide variety of analytical instruments on a network.
When connected without restrictions to an analytical network, LabSolutions CS manages all analytical data in a central database on a server computer, facilitating access to analytical data from any computer connected to that network. LabSolutions CS is ideal for customers wanting compliance with ER/ES regulations while seeking to manage LC/GC data together with FTIR data on one server hosting a large number of users.
LabSolutions DB IR
LabSolutions DB IR combines analytical data management functions with LabSolutions IR and is capable of providing secure data management from a single computer. Compliant with FDA 21 CFR Part 11 and PIC/S, LabSolutions DB IR is the optimal setup for customers LabSolutions IR is a consolidation of the advanced features found in Shimadzu’s earlier IRsolution control software. In addition to improved operability, LabSolutions IR employs advanced management functions to provide a safe and highly reliable system solution. wanting to manage all their data from a single computer. It requires no network connection and is recommended for customers who seek ER/ES compliance in a standalone format.
LabSolutions IR is a consolidation of the advanced features found in Shimadzu’s earlier IRsolution control software. In addition to improved operability, LabSolutions IR employs advanced management functions to provide a safe and highly reliable system solution. wanting to manage all their data from a single computer. It requires no network connection and is recommended for customers who seek ER/ES compliance in a standalone format.
|Name||LabSolutions IR||LabSolutions DB IR||LabSolutions CS|
|Data management method||Measured data files are saved and managed in folders on the PC.||Measured data files are saved and managed in the LabSolutions database.|
|Data references||The software references files on drives or in folders on the PC.||The software references files in the database.|
(The database resides on a local PC)
(The database resides on a server)
|Rights group administration||Available|
|Standalone /network||Either can be used.||Only the standalone configuration|
can be used.
|Only databases on the network can be used.|
LabSolutions IR data can be viewed using the database manager on a PC set up for viewing purposes. Note that LabSolutions IR must be installed on the PC used for viewing.
|Data backup||Performed on a file-by-file basis using Windows Explorer.||Performed for each database.|
Rich Libraries and a High-Performance Search Function
- A library of approximately 12,000 spectra included as standard.
- The standard library alone has enough data to furnish productive searching.
- Advanced library search functions include spectral search, text search, compound search, and peak search.
- Employing Shimadzu’s unique search algorithms for a high hit quality.
Approximately 12,000-spectra library
A wide variety of libraries, including unique SHIMADZU libraries, reagents, polymers, and more are included as standard. Searching with standard libraries provides high-quality results without purchasing extra libraries.
· SHIMADZU Food additives library
· SHIMADZU Contaminants library
· Pharmaceutical products, agrichemicals
· Inorganic compounds, etc.
Total approx. 12,000 spectra
High-performance search functions
LabSolutions IR delivers high-quality of search results with 4 high-performance search methods (spectral search, peak search, text search and combination search) and libraries containing approximately 12,000 spectra. Libraries created on IRsolution and HYPER-IR and commercial libraries such as Sadtler and S.T. Japan can also be used. Simply drag spectra into a library to create a user library. Editing spectrum information or deleting a spectrum in a library is also very easy.
SHIMADZU’S unique search algorithm provide highly precise results.
If you only have an old spectrum chart, searching can be done with peak wavenumbers without a spectrum file.
Macro Functions Provide Automation and Labor-Savings
- A simple macro function allows the user to execute multiple operations by simply creating a list of operational steps.
- Contaminant analysis and identification tests are automatically done through use of macros for a more efficient workflow.
LabSolutions IR automates routine work, such as scanning-data manipulation-reporting,identification tests, and contaminants analysis.Programs are launched from Launcher or your Desktop.
Easy Macro – Just a single click launches routine work.
The “Easy Macro” function will create macros that are suitable for routine work, particularly when repetitive operations are used. The macro builder allows macros to be constructed by simply selecting and aligning operations from a list. Once constructed, the macros can be registered with the Launcher and Desktop for quick execution. Operators not familiar with IR instruments can operate them easily without any mistakes.
Easy Macro Operations
- Initialization of FTIR, configuration of scan parameters,spectrum measurement
- Data manipulations, Search, Quantitation, Printing
- Repeat measurements, Displaying messages, alarm sounds,External program execution
Making a Macro
Contaminant analysis/Identification test program
LabSolutions IR includes two main application programs – Contaminant analysis/Identification test program – for contaminant analysis and identification tests.
Contaminant analysis program
By combining SHIMADZU’s own algorithms (patent pending) with that of library spectra for common contaminants, this program identifies contaminants with a high degree of accuracy. Reports are automatically created after analysis, thereby reducing post-processing time to a few seconds. With automated reporting, this easy-to-use program allows operators with little FTIR knowledge to perform analysis easily.
4 features of the Contaminant analysis program
- Contains spectra for over 500 highly-selected inorganic substances, organic substances, and polymers that are often detected as contaminants in SHIMADZU’s Analytical Applications Department.
- Allows automation of the process, including searching,judgment evaluation, and report creation.
- Incorporates algorithms that focus on spectral characteristics,rather than performing simple spectrum searches.
- Major and Minor components are found and their ranks are displayed.
Identification test program
This program makes pass/fail judgments about samples in accordance with the tests specified in the Pharmacopoeia. In addition to identification tests for pharmaceutical products, this program can be used for incoming inspections and pre-shipment inspections.
4 features of the Identification test program
- Prints out the spectra for standards and samples in order to facilitate easy comparison.
- Calculation of the differences between the peak wavenumbers for standards and samples, differences in intensity ratios between peaks, pass/fail judgments, and print out of reports.
- Detection and printing just the peaks that are specified for pass/fail judgment.
- Spectra of 57 samples on Japanese Standards of Food Additives are stored in LabSolutions IR.