“Smaller, simpler, and easier to use – without compromising performance.” That’s the demand from analysts. And that’s why Shimadzu developed the Brevis GC-2050. This new space-saving GC delivers uncompromising analytical performance in a modern yet rugged design, easily meeting the analysis needs of laboratories in a range of industries.
Windows is either a registered trademark or a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Chromeleon is a trademark of Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. and its affiliated entities.
OpenLab is a trademark or a registered trademark of Agilent Technologies, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Empower is a trademark of Waters Corporation and its affiliated entities.
Brevis, AOC, ClickTek, LabSolutions, Analytical Intelligence logo, i-PeakFinder, and Nexis are trademarks of Shimadzu Corporation or its affiliated companies in Japan and/or other countries.
Compact without Compromise
Space-saving yet expandable design
- The compact Brevis GC-2050, with a 350 mm system width, including an auto-injector (AOC™-30i), makes even more use of lab space. Compared to the flagship Nexis™ GC-2030, the system’s width has been reduced by approximately 35 %. At the same time, it is possible to connect additional headspace samplers, a mass spectrometer, and other accessories (available soon), providing the scalability to cover the analytical needs of today’s GC/GCMS users.
Sufficient GC oven size
- Despite its space-saving design, this GC oven does not require a dedicated column, and up to two general capillary columns can be used.
- Even without a monitor on the Brevis GC-2050, you can use the GC Remote Display installed on a PC or tablet to monitor the device status and perform operations.Note: Only one Remote Display can be connected to a single GC at a time.
Connection Method: LAN / USB cable.
Compact and easy to maintain
①One-touch inlet maintenance
The injection port can be opened or closed without tools by simply sliding the ClickTek™ Nut lever. Replace the insert, slide the lever, and feel the click to ensure leak-free performance.
②Fast inlet maintenance, Easy sTop
Clicking the Maint. (Maintenance) button on the GC front will start lowering the temperature of the GC inlet and oven, and stop the gas supply automatically*. After maintenance of the inlet, clicking the button again will return the instrument to standby after an automatic leak check. Routine maintenance procedures can be further simplified.
Note: Disabling the automatic gas supply shutdown to protect the MS detector is possible.
③Tool-less column installation
The ClickTek makes column attachment a one-touch operation. A noticeable clicking sensation signals a secure column connection, putting the user at ease.
Note: The ClickTek connector is optional.
Less Energy and Gas Consumption
The Brevis GC-2050 consumes 30 % less power than conventional GCs. It also minimizes helium usage and supports operations with alternative carrier gases.
- Comparison of power consumption on a GC run cycle.
*Comparisons were made under the following analytical conditions.SPL: 270℃, FID: 270℃,
Oven: 50℃ → (10℃/min）→250℃（10min Hold）→（Cooling）→50℃
*The amount of electricity consumed will vary depending on the laboratory environment.
- High-performance insulating materials and a smaller oven have eliminated heat loss. As a result, the Brevis GC-2050 achieves about a 30 % reduction in power consumption during analysis compared to conventional GCs.
Safer and even faster analysis with H2 gas
- High-speed analysis of impurities in benzene using hydrogen carrier gas
- The Brevis GC-2050 can be equipped with a hydrogen sensor. Not only does it enable early detection of potential leaks in the oven and maintain a safe standby mode, but if a hydrogen leak occurs, it turns off the main power to prevent an accident. In addition, the GC main unit has an automatic carrier gas leak check function that supports the use of hydrogen carrier gas. Furthermore, a gas selector* can switch the carrier gas to nitrogen after an analysis has been completed to enhance safety. Hydrogen carrier gas enables fast analysis (application example above) and maximizes throughput in the laboratory.* Hydrogen sensor and gas selector are options.
Built-in Analytical Intelligence
Automatic remote operation
- With Remote Display and LabSolutions™ Direct, GC systems can be accessed from anywhere with a smart device or a PC, dramatically improving the analysis workflow and enabling new ways of working.
Automating the Procedures of Experienced Analysts, Clean Pilot
- Baselines can be unstable during GC startup. The Clean Pilot feature provides quick and efficient automatic conditioning to provide stable analytical results while reducing the burden on laboratory personnel.
Analysis Starts Immediately under the Optimal Conditions, Automatic Start and Stop Function
The Brevis GC-2050 automatically performs gas and temperature control, allowing the system to shut down and start up unattended. When not performing analysis, the system can be shut down to reduce unnecessary power and gas consumption, thereby reducing running costs.
Supply Gas Check
- When connecting a main and a spare gas cylinder to the gas selector (option), the gas selector will monitor the main gas cylinder pressure and automatically switch the gas supply to the backup line when the cylinder becomes empty. This prevents problems before they occur and allows you to continue analysis with peace of mind.
Enabling Remote Control and Monitoring, LabSolutions Direct
- Remote operation and monitoringLabSolutions Direct, a standard feature of LabSolutions, allows you to monitor instrument status and chromatographic signals, start and stop the instrument, and start the analysis from a web browser on a PC or smart device at a remote location.
Making Routine Analysis More Convenient
2D Code Navigation
When a smart device reads the code or clicks the URL link on a PC, a solution, including procedures or videos, is presented for a quick recovery.
Outstanding Analytical Reproducibility
The Brevis GC-2050 provides best-in-class analytical precision. The latest auto-injector, AOC-30i, enables continuous analysis with a high level of precision that cannot be achieved with manual operation. In addition, the flow controller (AFC) with a built-in CPU supports constant linear velocity, constant flow rate, and constant pressure control of carrier gas to achieve outstanding analytical reproducibility with ultra-high speed and ultra-precise control.
- Continuous analysis of the Grob Test Mixture