A highly flexible research grade MALDI TOF/TOF mass spectrometer
The AXIMA Performance is one of the most powerful tools in mass spectrometry, delivering information-rich spectra with greater sensitivity and higher confidence in identification. It is an extremely versatile and powerful TOF-TOF system, integrating workflows for a diverse range of analytical needs.
- From high energy MS/MS of proteomics and other biological and organic samples to uncompromised analysis of high mass intact proteins
- True high energy MS/MS – CID with a laboratory frame collision energy of 20keV
- Optimal precursor ion selection resolution using revolutionary gating technology
- Outstanding sensitivity – uncompromised design, to ensure no MS/MS signal is discarded
Can be used in various research fields
A diverse range of applications are supported, including fully automated proteomics experiments, LC MALDI analyses, functional genomics, quality control and polymer interrogation.
- Designed with the flexibility to adapt to users’ workflow: from single sample manual acquisition to fully automated data-dependent peptide mass fingerprinting and MS/MS for protein identification.
- Peptide mass fingerprints are acquired and subjected to an optional integrated Mascot® database search.
- User defined acceptance limits for PMF-based protein identification.
- Data-dependent MS/MS: using the results of the PMF search, MS/MS may be performed on ions that matched to the top ranked protein hit (confirmation MS/MS), in addition to those that were not (investigation MS/MS). Batch searching of these MS/MS spectra is then performed automatically to provide further and higher confidence protein identification.
- Data may be reprocessed and resubmitted for database searching at a later time to provide additional information.
LC MALDI integrated package
- The AXIMA Performance provides total support for LC-MALDI based experiments.
- The software suite allows the fully automated acquisition of LC separated samples deposited onto MALDI targets and the subsequent identification of proteins via MS/MS of the peptides detected.
- Automatically provides a provisional intensity map of all sample spots across the target to assess the distribution of peptides and identify the position of the apex of the chromatographic peaks. These are utilized to generate a candidate list and MS/MS data acquired for all discrete peptide ions.
- Exclusion lists are used to remove known contaminants or high abundance peptides.
- All data is subjected to an integrated Mascot® search.
- Low sample consumption allows multiple spectra to be acquired from the same spot increasing the amount of MS/MS data obtained.
Biomarker Recognition/Tissue Imaging
- Seamless export of sample location to the Axima™ MALDI mass spectrometer
- Automated acquisition of MS data – profiling or imaging
- Visualization of the spatial distribution of components of interest via intensity mapping software
- Easy export of data to alternative processing packages, including BioMAP
Essential features providing confident results
- High resolution MS data in reflectron mode for more accurate and confident peptide mass fingerprinting (PMF) and complex mixture analysis.
- Uncompromised linear mass range and sensitivity.
- Near-axis laser irradiation for enhanced ion transmission and sensitivity in all modes of operation.
- Advanced calibration algorithms with easy to use software providing more accurate data.
- Intuitive software incorporating data dependent workflows for achieving the maximum result with the minimum user input, making it ideal for novice and expert users alike.
- Flexibility – this is not just another proteomics workhorse. Polymers, oligonucleotides, SNPs, metabolites, carbohydrates and small molecules amongst others may all be analysed and processed.
Key Performance Features
- Near-axis laser irradiation with a 50Hz variable repetition rate N2 laser
- Uncompromised linear mode performance for high mass analysis
- Patented improved curved field reflectron
- Mass range 1-500kDa in linear mode; 1-80kDa in reflectron mode
- Mass resolution 5000 FWHM (ACTH 18-39) in linear mode; 20000 FWHM (ACTH 7-38) in reflectron mode
- Sensitivity 250 amol (Glu-fibrinopeptide) in reflectron mode
- Mass accuracy <5ppm in reflectron mode
- Precursor ion resolution >400 FWHM
- High energy MS/MS using helium collision gas
- Flexible target formats – ranging from 48 well microscope slide format targets to 384 well microtitre plate targets
Additional Key Features and Benefits
- Proteomics experiments
- LC MALDI
- Tissue imaging/biomarker discovery
- Polymer analysis
- Oligonucleotide/primer analysis
- Full integration with robotic sample preparation devices such as the Accuspot and ChIP for a variety of applications