Taking MALDI-TOF MS Beyond the Standard
- Powerful MALDI-TOF performance for reliable mass information and MS/MS derived structural detail.
- Linear mode allows the interrogation of high molecular weight samples, whilst reflectron mode, incorporating the patented curved-field reflectron (CFR), provides the high resolution and mass accuracy necessary for successful proteomics and life science experiments.
- High sensitivity system using a variable repetition rate 50 Hz N2 laser and a variety of target formats to meet all sample throughput requirements.
- An affordable robust option for all laboratories requiring routine manual or automated analysis of a wide variety of sample classes.
- Excellent sensitivity is achieved using near-axis laser irradiation and advanced ion optics for enhanced ion transmission.
- MS/MS may be easily performed using a seamless approach – ions of interest can be isolated using a precursor ion selection device, incorporated as standard, and data-rich fragment ion spectra quickly and simply acquired.The newly improved curved field reflectron design augments the low mass fragment region providing useful additional information.
Key Performance Features
- Near-axis laser irradiation with a 50Hz variable repetition rate N2 laser
- Patented improved curved field reflectron
- Mass range 1-500kDa in linear mode; 1-80kDa in reflectron mode
- Mass resolution 5000 FWHM (ACTH 18-39) in linear mode; 15000 FWHM (ACTH 7-38) in reflectron mode
- Sensitivity 500 amol (Glu-fibrinopeptide) in reflectron mode
- Mass accuracy <10ppm in reflectron mode with internal calibration
- Precursor ion resolution >200 FWHM
- Seamless MS/MS utilising PSD
- Flexible target formats – ranging from 48 well microscope slide format targets to 384 well microtitre plate targets
- Proteomics experiments
- LC MALDI
- Polymer analysis
- Tissue imaging/biomarker discovery
- Oligonucleotide/primer analysis
- Full integration with robotic sample preparation devices such as the Accuspot and ChIP for a variety of applications